Monday 21 October 2019

Adapting from a Real Life Event: Explaination

I have chosen to rewatch some films and TV series that are adapted from real events, specifically war films. 

I have a lot of Military, Police and Public Services in my family and War Films and TV have been something I have been interested in since I was a child. 

I have chosen these films and TV because of my connection to them, but I have also chosen them to do with the time period they're from, e.g. WWII, Vietnam, Modern Day, trying to pick from a range. I have chosen to do six in total, doing one per week for the next six weeks (to the end of November).

The Films and TV Shows I have decided to discuss:

WWII:
  • Band of Brothers (HBO, 2001) - Watch and Write Blog: 21st October 2019

Image result for band of brothers
Donnie Wahlberg portraying Sgt./First Sgt./2nd Lt. Clifford Carwood Lipton in Band of Brothers
  • Red Tails (Anthony Hemingway, 2012) - Watch and Write Blog: 28th October 2019
Image result for red tails easy

Nate Parker as Captain Martin "Easy" Julian in Red Tails.

Vietnam:
  • We Were Soldiers (Randall Wallace, 2002) - Watch and Write Blog: 4th November 2019

Related image
Mel Gibson as Lt. Col. Hal Moore in We Were Soldiers.

Modern Day:
  • Black Hawk Down (Ridley Scott, 2001) - Watch and Write Blog: 11th November 2019

Image result for black hawk down
Josh Hartnett as Sgt. Matt Eversman in Black Hawk Down.

  • The Hurt Locker (Kathryn Bigelow, 2008) - Watch and Write Blog: 18th November 2019

Image result for hurt locker mackie and renner
Anthony Mackie (Sgt. J. T. Sanborn) and Jeremy Renner (Sgt. 1st Class William James) in The Hurt Locker.

  • 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Michael Bay, 2016) - Watch and Write Blog: 25th November 2019

Image result for 13 hours the secret soldiers of benghazi
John Krasinski as John Silva in 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

No comments:

Post a Comment